We are very excited to start our pilot program Leadership Academy: Texas this coming semester. Please stay tuned for more information.
Leadership Academy will be teaching ethical decision-making to 7th and 8th graders on a weekly basis in 15 selected school campuses across the state. The classes will include a school counselor and SRO or community-based officer, who will be able to build relationships with the students and be a positive role model for the kids.
- Have a school counselor based on campus who can facilitate the program.
- Have a community-based officer who wants to be part of the program.
We are currently looking for qualified school campuses with counselors, as well as officers who are interested in participating in this exciting program. We are offering 8-hours of TCOLE credit for officers, and CEUs for Train-the-Trainer are being held November 27th and 28th in San Antonio, TX. More training will be scheduled for 2018.
With much appreciation to the Klein I.S.D. Leadership Academy for all of their help, information and support in developing and expanding this program.
For more information, please contact Shannon Lowry at email@example.com.
Train-the-Trainer – November 2017
Date and Times:
- Day 1: Monday, November 27th 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Day 2: Tuesday, November 28th 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Educational Service Center Region 20
San Antonio, TX 78208
Map and Directions
- Registration is FREE!
- Click here to register for the November TTT. You will need to create an account, then select session number # 48633 to register. *If you have any dietary restrictions, please put those in the comment box during registration.
Attendees are responsible for making their own travel arrangements including hotel accommodations.
If you need assistance identifying an officer or counselor in your community to work with, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please click here to download a PDF of the November 2017 TTT flyer. Please feel free to share this amazing opportunity with anyone who may be interested in the program.