TMPA Charities awarded 13 college scholarships to children or dependents of TMPA members for the 2017-2018 academic year. The scholarships, ranging from $1,500 to $5,000, not only help our members pay for the ever-increasing costs of higher education, they also serve as a way to honor the academic achievements of some of our brightest students. To date, TMPA Charities has provided more than $250,000 in scholarship funds to the families of our members.
- Eleven $1,500 awards
- One $3,000 award sponsored by the McLane Advisors
- One $5,000 award in memory of Jaceb Fedro who is an Honorary Past President of TMPA. We met Jaceb through the Make a Wish Foundation as he was fighting a courageous battle with cancer. In July of 2003, Jaceb was named Honorary President of TMPA and he lost his battle with cancer just ten days later. We continue to honor Jaceb by giving a $5,000 scholarship in his name.
Requirements for a scholarship include:
- Must be a dependent of a parent or legal guardian who is a TMPA member. Member must have been a member in good standing for one (1) year at the time of application
- Proof of enrollment for a minimum of 12 hours of college credit at an accredited college, university, or vocational school prior to receiving scholarship payment
- Remains eligible until the dependent reaches 25 years of age
- Must not have been convicted of a crime
- Must have graduated from high school or obtained a GED
- Proof of scholastic ability: “B” (85 or higher) grade point average or a GED score of 58 or higher, SAT scores
- Awards and honors
- Extracurricular activities and/or work history
- A statement expressing education and career goals & plans
The surviving children or dependents of a member in good standing who dies remain eligible to apply for a period of 10 years past the date of death. You may apply as many times as possible while you are still eligible. The TMPA Scholarship can be awarded to the same individual a maximum of four times.
A committee appointed by the president at the annual TMPA Summer Conference will award scholarships. All applications are submitted to the Selection Committee anonymously to guarantee fairness.
To Submit an Application
Click here to download the application. The deadline for applicant submissions is June 30. Please note, eligibility and selection criteria are subject to change.