TMPA Charities was created because TMPA is dedicated to supporting our members, their families and our communities. TMPA Charities is a tax-exempt law enforcement charity which contributes 100% of every dollar donated to a variety of charitable and benevolent programs including:
- A scholarship program which awards $20,000 each year to dependents of Texas officers who are TMPA members.
- A $10,000 line-of-duty death benefit, and extensive support and benefit assistance to the families of fallen officers to ensure they receive all the local, state, and national benefits afforded to a fallen police officer.
- Assistance of members in time of need with direct benevolent and financial assistance for serious illness or injury.
- Disaster Response and personal assistance to officers during natural disasters or other catastrophic events (hurricanes, tornados, floods, etc.) through TMPA’s Emergency Response Team.
TMPA is proud to support many charities that benefit the communities we serve. In addition to sponsoring many local events and fundraisers to benefit causes our members feel strongly about, TMPA Charities offers support to larger organizations with honorable missions:
- Concerns of Police Survivors (COPS) is a national organization with many local, Texas chapters that “provides resources to assist in the rebuilding of the lives of surviving families and affected co-workers of law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty.”
- Special Olympics Texas provides “sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-style sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in the sharing of gifts, skills and friendship.”
- Make a Wish is a foundation designed to “grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.” There are many Texas Make a Wish foundations and events.
- The Texas Peace Officer Flag Fund makes it possible for families of a deceased Texas Peace Officers to receive a Texas flag and a certificate of gratitude at the funeral of their loved one.
- National Law Enforcement Memorial Foundation whose mission is “to generate increased public support for the law enforcement profession by permanently recording and appropriately commemorating the service and sacrifice of law enforcement officers; and to provide information that will help promote law enforcement safety.”
- Project Blue is formed to formed to help officers who face serious illness or injuries outside the line of duty. They make sure that officers have support when they need it the most. Project Blue also funds criminal justice scholarships for deserving students who plan a career in law enforcement.
Please consider donating to TMPA Charities to support your fellow law enforcement officers or as a way to thank and honor those who serve your communities. Our law enforcement charity programs are funded solely by your donations; we truly appreciate your generosity.
Learn more about TMPA Charities: