The mission of TMPA is to protect the rights and interests of Texas law enforcement officers by providing the best legal assistance in the country, effective lobbying at state and local levels, affordable training and exemplary member support.
TMPA is the Voice of Texas Law Enforcement. TMPA was founded in 1950 and has protected the interests of law enforcement officers ever since. As the largest law enforcement association in Texas, TMPA is proud to represent more than 24,000 local, county and state law enforcement officers across Texas. Focused on protecting those who serve, TMPA is committed to providing Texas law enforcement officers with:
- Unmatched legal protection
- Member support you can rely on
- Political lobbying at state and local levels
- Affordable TCOLE-approved training
- Effective contract bargaining
- A wide variety of additional benefits including specialized programs, officer assistance, line of duty benefits, charities, and scholarships